Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Been to AK, Lately?







Have you visited the AKontheGO page lately? We have some stunning photographs of our most recent trip to Valdez, Alaska. If I do say so, myself.

It's a wonderful time to visit, if you are so inclined next year. The majority of tourists have vacated, the summer-only attractions are closing down (so good deals can be found), and the scenery is at its most lovely. Really.
These photos are (from top): Sheep Mountain Lodge along the Glenn Highway, the view from our Stan Stephens Glacier Cruise in Valdez, and a particularly lovely birch tree along Thompson Pass, on the Richardson Highway.
Don't think you need to visit in the summer. Alaska has four seasons of beauty...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sign me up! Somehow I've never made it to AK, let alone lately. I have no excuse, either, since my brother lives in Bethel. Time to start planning...