Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Follies



Ding-dang it! I should have never brought out the flower pots and picnic table; it was like inviting winter to return, again. After almost a week at 50+ temperatures, clouds and wet snow returned this morning. Good thing I don't need to go anywhere.

Little Bear is home with a cold, and even though the Superman costume looks good, it brings little comfort. This photo is right before he burst into tears because I wouldn't let him eat the ball of peanut butter cookie dough, and before he collapsed in a heap on the floor, very un-Supermanlike, wailing in despair. The Man of Steel is now in bed.

Yukon is coming home early to do some paperwork and relax after a crazy week. I have a fire in the fireplace and his favorite grilled-cheese fixings ready to go (what is it about grilled cheese and tomato soup on a crummy day?).

For once I have no deadlines, no agendas, no crises (yet) to contend with. Just me, the weather, and Superman. And the cookies.

No comments: