Thursday, March 10, 2011

From the Wolf Den: Hour of Power Away

It's a little complicated to conduct the weekly Hour of Power with Wolf while on a trip. In the first place, I always feel a bit guilty talking about the cool places we are, doing the cool things we do, with the cool people we do them with. Especially when our trip included seeing family and friends of Wolf's past. Hour of Power is a bit of a delicate dance between dealing with the current issue of the week and our desire to share some of our life in Alaska.

The second reason is purely mechanical. Time changes, remembering to tell Therapist B. the land line phone number of our current stay, and actually remembering that it's Thursday all factor in to the H of P from far away. Sometimes we can't even have the Hour of Power because our location that week is such that no phone can get through, never mind my sort-of-smartphone.

This morning I'm sitting in the front room of my in-law's condo that overlooks the Willamette River in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Had it not been for Bear needing to get up and use the bathroom I would have not happened to glance at the clock and notice the time.

It's a rainy, windy, genuinely stormy Pacific Northwest day in the works, I can tell by just a glance out the enormous windows. Still a bit dark outside, I'm enjoying this rare chance to just sit for a little while and relax, even if it is 6:30 in the morning.




2 comments:

Natalie said...

"Sort of Smartphone." Priceless!!!

Standinginhislight said...

I love your writing style. =)
It's kinda fun knowing you are in my neck of the woods... my husband is still working up in Issaquah, but we are headed back down to Oregon this summer...changes seem constant. Thanks for sharing your trip.
~Sheri