Saturday, April 4, 2009

So It's Saturday

I'm sitting in front of a glorious view of the Chugach mountains, cup of coffee in hand, with the Doobie Brothers belting out 'Jesus is Just All Right With Me'. My husband has departed on his mountain bike for a pre-lunch spin, and the youngest member of the household is being allowed to watch Spongebob Squarepants. Even the dog is peaceful, lounging inappropriately on my down duvet that is on the floor because I am washing bedding today.

So it's Saturday. And it's All Right, all right. Hmm. We're kind of normal today.

Is it because Yukon and I had a date night last night at our fav restaurant, Orso? Is it because we had fun watching the high school kids come nervously into the restaurant for the pre-Prom dinner, remembering too late to open the door for their date, texting friends to find out where the limo was, all dressed up in rented tuxedos? We had fun laughing about our respective Proms over our Cosmopolitans and calamari.

Perhaps it is because both of us went to lunch yesterday with our pastor and his wife, people who emulate "Cool" in a most Pastoral-like sense. As fairly new members to Trinity Presby, we are still finding out where we 'fit' in this community, something recognized and acknowledged, a nice feeling.

Maybe it's the fact that we know where both of our children are, safe, cared for, relatively happy in their situations, blessed.

I'm not sure why.

I'm only sure I like it.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Sponge Bob? Say it isn't so?!?! I'm the only one in our house who doesn't like it, the girls know not to ask to watch it if I'm here. :)