Sunday, April 11, 2010

He Can R-E-A-D!

I find myself speaking phonetically these days, as our youngest, little Bear, has decided he wants to finish the job of learning to read, and quick.

Yukon is upstairs with Bear right now engaging in a little before-bed story time, covering all the labeled details of a Richard Scarry book from my youth. I love those Busy Town books. I can hear Yukon from down here: "Sound it out (that must be a parent-phrase programmed in our brains...) C-A-NNNNNN." I fear our conversations will never be the same after this.

Enough for tonight; I'm about ready to cower under my covers because I feel the beginnings of a cold coming on, and besides, the weather outside is positively nasty; screaming wind gusts, mountain snow, and a 20 degree drop in temperatures. Ugh.

But I wanted to share the good news that everyone in this family, finally, can read. That's my boy.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That's awesome! The gift of reading is one of the best things I have to offer my kids...such a wonderful world awaits. Congratuations to the little dude, adn many happy years of discovery and adventure to come!