Friday, August 22, 2008

The Road Ahead


Wolf and I parted on Wednesday afternoon, both of us ready to return to our daily routines. In fact, Wolf asked if he could go back to his English class, which was being held in the courtyard outside that day. Not one to stand in the way of learning, I told him to go ahead, and that was that.


I had time to continue up the road from the school towards the huge copper mine. The weather was still hot and dry with a stiff breeze coming from the east making the day seem cooler than it really was. This photo is looking west just a short drive from Wolf's school.

I climbed on the plane at 9 p.m. City time, and landed at midnight Alaska time. Yukon allowed Bear to stay up late and come to the airport to meet me. It was heaven to have another child's arms wrapped tightly around my neck after releasing his brother's a short time before.
Looking ahead. Always looking ahead. Even if we can't see the end of the road.

No comments: