Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Day on Tillamook Street


We continue our enjoyable week with my sister and her little baby; Bear has found out where the diapers are kept and how to get the wipes from the warmer. Such a helper. He also has decided that the baby needs to have Bear's blanket, puppy, and a few well-directed pats on the head to stay calm. Would that this were true.

I had forgotten the exhaustion new parents feel with a colicky baby, especially if it is the first one. Whew. But today was a better day and everybody is rested, fed, and headed to sleep hopefully soon. We had some lessons in making and freezing on-the-go meals, took a nice walk to Trader Joe's and the Library, and drank some good wine. The adults, that is.

My sister was kind enough to allow me the luxury of an afternoon run. With the sun finally peeking through the dark clouds, I was able to run through the neighborhood of Henry Huggins, Ramona Quimby and Ellen Tibbets. Remember them?

No comments: