Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Bought A Red Coat

Those who know me will understand the significance of this moment. Not only did I buy a red coat yesterday, but I bought a red coat from Nordstrom in downtown Portland. I dressed up, put makeup on (only to have the consultant from Bobbi Brown take it all off and reapply it) and went shopping with my sister. And, this is even more incredible; I enjoyed it.

But back to the red coat. Wintertime in Alaska, as I am sure I have mentioned only a thousand times, is long, dark, and, after the holidays, a bit dreary. Shopping yesterday, breathing in the scent of new clothes, perfume, and money, I was convinced I needed something to take back to Alaska that would continue my "high" of Portland. Besides, I was shopping without my child, and that, as any mother knows, is reason enough to buy something for herself...

I like my coat. It is berry red, wool, longish trendy outerwear that will serve me well through at least May. Yukon surely can't complain over garment longevity.

I will, however, refrain from mentioning the cost of my makeover supplies at the Bobbi Brown counter.

2 comments:

Innisfree in Alaska said...

oh I want to see it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Now you need red boots. I am firmly convinced that the world would be a better place if there were more red shoes. Enjoy!