Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Balentine's Day"




We were blessed with warm temperatures and sunny skies today as we headed off to Campbell Creek Science Center for our Valentine's Day outing. Dog, kid, husband, lots of snow and no mittens needed. All good.

Check out the photo of Bear, with a bear. He was fascinated by the pelt stretched across the center's picnic table, and kept sticking his hand inside the gaping mouth.

Yesterday he helped me make some cookies for Yukon. Three was his limit because, he said, "I don't really want any more Balentine's day cookies, I want the frosting."
Of course he did.

Preschool had a party, too, for which we made chocolate cupcakes (so much baking in such a short time). Bear wanted to have hearts on top, but we had to stick them on with the writing face down, as the verbage might not have been appropriate for 4 year-olds. "Big Daddy", "Marry Me", and my favorite, "Recipe 4 Love", hmm, perhaps not so much...

1 comment:

Jeni said...

You know what's funny, I made cupcakes for Grace's 1st grade class with the same hearts on top! Of course I left the saying on top! LOL

Thanks for saying on mine I'm a good mama, honestly it made me tear up a little. :)