Sunday, February 15, 2009

Update From the Wolf Den; On Site



Suffice it to say, Wolf was shocked to walk into the therapist's office and see me.

Physically, he looks fantastic. A bit taller, close to 5'10" now. It was nice to see him paying attention to himself; kudos to staff for making him stick to it.

On the not-so-good side, he has not earned a trip outside the grounds due to continued inappropriate behavior. Bummer for him, as the Director and I are going to make this trip less about Mom bearing gifts and more about "what could have been". Tough, but necessary.

I did some preliminary shopping for t-shirts, socks, and new sweatpants; found some writing paper and note cards. Wolf and I spent some quality time together writing letters to family and friends. No marathon Scrabble games for this guy; we'll be working...

The weather in Salt Lake was gorgeous today; sunny and warmish at about 42 degrees.

I'm settled in for the night; catching up on writing assignments and posting photos. Oh, and eating my favorite Chinese food.

Tomorrow I have to go through Wolf's clothing to see what else I have to buy him. It'll be an early on though, the red-eye is catching up with me.

So far, so good. One day at a time...

1 comment:

jen said...

Matt looks awesome! WOW! How grow up and handsome he is! I'm so glad you had a wonderful reunion so far. We'll keep praying for him to work on the inside now....